SDC recognises that your privacy is important. Any information you submit will be kept confidential and stored within a computer or other relevant database, under strictly regulated conditions in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. Any personal information provided by you to SDC will only be used for the following purposes:
- Updating and enhancing your records
- Defining areas of interest to you and improving the website to meet users’ needs
- Advising you of products and services offered by SDC which may be of interest.
Your personal data will enable SDC to keep you updated with relevant information which forms part of your package of membership benefits. Our communications with you may be via post, telephone or email.
SDC’s communications are an integral part of keeping you informed and will include information about SDC activities and events and joint/partnership activities and events that we think might be relevant and interesting. We will not disclose your details to third-parties. You will always be entitled to opt-out of receiving a chosen communication by contacting Membership.
From time to time we may publish your name, organisation, country and other general details in SDC promotional material. This will not include contact details. If you do not wish your details to be used in this way, please contact: email@example.com.
Cookies In Use on This Site
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Visitor Statistics Cookies
We use: Google Analytics
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will possibly limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing http://www.attacat.co.uk/, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.